Monday, April 28, 2008

WALK HARD:THE DEWEY COX STORY


I don't know what to think of this movie? It's an Apatow production with him getting some writing credits, so I was ready for a smart comedy and got "Walk Hard" instead. I know it's a spoof of all the biographies of musicians that tell the same old drug addiction and womanizing stories of men who rose to the top. I really liked the comedy in that sense, but then it turns into this crazy and over the top style of movie. John C. Reilly does another great job with his comedic timing and is very funny, but at times it's just too stupid! I thought Apatow would bring a more smarter and realistic spoof, but it's good enough, just not what I've come to expect from his productions. It's worth seeing, but there is some cox in the film(if you get what I'm saying). It's a hard "R" film. View at your own risk.

No comments: