Sunday, April 20, 2008

RESURRECTING THE CHAMP


This is not a boxing movie, but it's a true story based on a writer who wrote a story about a boxer and the consequences of what he finds out. Samuel L. Jackson has a good performance as a "homeless" man, not a "bum". Josh Hartnett plays a journalist who is trying for the big time and only gets the small sports stories. The real story is about his family and how to deal with his son and estranged wife. The boxing part of the movie is really just a metaphor for his life. Being based on a true story is what makes this a better movie. Without giving anything away, it's a good morale story and a better movie than I thought it was going to be. I'd classify this movie as a hidden gem, because I was thankfully surprised that I liked the story and message of this film. Nothing special or great about this film, but I'd go and rent it.

No comments: