Sunday, March 30, 2008

NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN




It took me a while to see this film, but well worth the wait. This film would've been in my top ten for sure! That's the good news. Well I agree that it was a really good film, it was not the best film of 2007! The Academy got this one dead wrong. It had all the elements that best pictures need to win, so I don't fault them there. Great acting, story, and direction. Just a couple of key choices that kept it from being the best.




The movie starts out with a great synopsis and follows it for most of the film. It's just a normal chase after some drug money on the surface. That's the entertaining part and it grows more in depth with the Tommy Lee Jones character. The Coen Brothers who won for best direction change the direction of the film. This I didn't like so much. It's their style and a lot of people like it, but it took away from the pace and energy that dragged me into the story. They leave a couple of story plots up to the viewer to decide. Which is good and bad. I thought bad in this case, because it just left the viewer hanging. The movie would've been the best picture if they stayed true through the entire film. Still though, it was a well thought and for the most part entertaining picture from almost start to finish. I highly recommend this film and decide for yourself if they could've or should've did it a little different.

No comments: