Sunday, March 30, 2008

DAN IN REAL LIFE


This turned out to be a real treat! It coul've gone wrong with either it being too funny or too dramatic. But it walked the fine line and pulled both off quite well. I really enjoyed the pacing of the film too. Never did it seem too slow on the drama part or wasted too much time trying to make you laugh. The laughs came well within the story. It's a nice story of a dad that is coping with his wife's death and trying to raise his 3 daughters at the same time. It all starts to come together when they leave on thier family getaway. There Dan(Steve Carrell) meets a new woman, but she turns out to be visiting her new beau and his family that same weekend. It turns out that her new boyfriend is Dan's Brother and that's where the comedy and drama start. I was very entertained and I really enjoyed seeing what happens to this family. The ending could've been better, but I still liked the message of the ending. I just thought it could've been written or filmed better. Still, I highly recommend this film. Go rent it.

No comments: