Sunday, March 30, 2008

THE ASSASINATION OF JESSE JAMES BY THE COWARD ROBERT FORD


I'll just start off by saying that this is a pretty slow and boring film. That's what will keep most people down about this picture. If you are interested in Jesse James and his story, then you'll really like this film. It's narrated nicely and has some cool artistic style to it. Casey Affleck puts together another great performance as the coward Robert Ford. Brad Pitt does his job, but nothing special. It's more of an artistic biography than say a great film. Well done and I appreciate the style and information on Jesse James, but I didn't really get into the story or feel for his gang. I didn't feel for Jesse James or Robert Ford. I just didn't really care what happened. That's where the story failed to be a great movie. It was informative and I now know a little bit about Jesse James assasination, but that's about all I was left with when the long running time of 2 hours and 40 minutes were up.


My advice to you the reader would be to watch this if you want to see a well done stylistic take on the biopic genre. I reviewed "3:10 To Yuma" earlier and that's the more entertaining and story driven western that I'd recommend.

No comments: