Monday, September 15, 2008

THE STRANGERS


I watch a lot of horror movies that are complete dog shit and I was ready for another one. I liked the simple premise and so I was prepared for the worst, but surprisngly I got the most scared I've been from a movie in a long time. It's all steady cam and not too shaky like the "Blair Witch Project" or anything like that. It's a character driven story that doesn't need blood and gore to try and scare you. I thought the lack of a music score helped too, since you can always tell by music when danger is near. It's loosely based on true events that happened only three years ago. It's creepy and real enough to scare your brain more than your body. It's only 80 minutes long and about 70 of those minutes has you on the edge of your seat. I'd watch this for sure if you want to actually see a good horror/suspense film.

No comments: