Wednesday, September 10, 2008

KUNG FU PANDA AND MADAGASCAR




I've never seen Madagascar, so give me a break! I'm reviewing them together, since they are both computer animated films and both box office hits.




I had to watch "Madagascar", since the sequel is coming out in a couple of months and I'm glad I did. Not fantastic or hilarious, but it was a solid family film. I wasn't too impressed with the story or voices, but it satisfied me enough times. I'm a huge Chris Rock fan and it's a shame his movies suck, but he did alright in this one. I'll watch the sequel, but probably not until DVD. If you haven't seen this one then I'd watch it if you like computer animation films.




"Kung Fu Panda" on the other hand totally suprised me at how much I liked this film. Not quite a Pixar, but as close as the Dreamworks and the others are going to get. Panda actually had a story and morale to it, like Pixar films do. Much funnier than I thought it would be, but not in the same way as Pixars'. I really enjoyed the animation to the voices of the characters. I'd highly recommend this film to anyone and especially people with kids or family night.

No comments: