Sunday, July 6, 2008

GET SMART


I've only seen the show a few times as a kid, so that didn't go into my critique of this film. I wasn't too sure of why I was going to see this film, but it was the new release of the week and I was entertained enough. I'm not a huge fan of Steve Carrell, but he does some good work and I really enjoyed his comic timing in this film. Anne Hathaway is smoking hot and adds to the film surprisingly. The movie kinda gets lost between a total spy spoof or an action film and I really liked they way they decided to do this film. It was never too stupid and Maxwell Smart never just accidentally stumbles across to killing the bad guys. He is quite compentent to a certain level and I'm glad for the movies sake. The story and characters are paper thin, but come on it's a summer action/comedy movie? I thought this could've been terrible, but Carrell is very likeable and pulls of some great gags. Funnier than I thought it would be, but it's no laugh riot. Not a must see, but if you like Carrell I'd check it out on DVD.

No comments: