Sunday, February 7, 2010

A SERIOUS MAN(2009)


I had absolutely no idea what this film was about when I watched it. One of the few movies that I've ever seen without some idea of what the story was about. To make matters worse, it's a Cohens' Brother movie and they have a knack for making some weird films. Needless to say, I was kinda wondering where this was headed after the first 10 minutes.


It's a dark comedy that has some funny moments, but just one of those films that is just there. Not near as good as their last two films. "Burn after Reading" & "No Country for Old Men" were far superior and more entertaining. You gotta appreciate the unique style of story-telling, but it's a very slow movie at times. If your a fan of the Cohen brothers than I'm sure you'll like this film, but it's a very average film compared to some of their movies.

No comments: