Wednesday, October 22, 2008

BATTLE IN SEATTLE


The name is extremely gay! I almost didn't want to watch this small film that deals with the W.T.O. riots in seattle in 1999. It's Stuart Townsend's directorial debut and not a bad one at that. I didn't really know what all the fuss was about back then, but I do remember it being a big deal. I figured I could watch this movie or read a book. I obviously chose the movie. It centers on ficticious characters around a true event. Sort of like "Titanic". All the characters are woven together during the riots. From the protestors to the politicians and policemen. It's well done and actually entertaining. I also liked knowing exactly what streets and venues they are talking about in the dialogue. I recommend that you watch this and you'll be surprised.

No comments: