Sunday, June 15, 2008

SEMI-PRO


Will Ferrell is a hit or miss type of guy. I think he does better with somebody to play off of. He's great with little doses of himself. I hated Blades of Glory when he was really the only guy to focus on and it was too over the top. I expected the same from "Semi- Pro" and it surprised me a little. It wasn't terrible like it's predecesor, but it still lacked what an "old school" or "Talladega Nights" had. It's humor relied on vulgarity and that's really what made me laugh the most, but it shows the lack of skill involved in the film. No great laughs or thrills, only Will Ferrell and that's simply not enough. I'd say that this is a step in the right direction, but I hope his next movie is leaps and bounds better. I'd rent this, but it's not a classic "Will Ferrell" movie. I'm hoping his next venture in "Step Brothers"is.

No comments: