Sunday, June 15, 2008

THE INCREDIBLE HULK


Let me just say that I really enjoyed Ang Lee's version. The style, drama, and the little action it had. That being said, it lacked a good villian and a great climax. I would've loved to mix the two together, but hopefully they release Edward Norton's cut of "The Incredible Hulk" on dvd.


This new version acts like the other one doesn't even exist. The opening credits basically tell you what Ang Lee took hours to tell you, but in a montage way. This was an entertaining telling of the Hulk and it has enough character and drma to hold my attention without it being too stupid. Each scene is there to move you towards the next action scene. I just never really feel for Bruce Banner, but I did enjoy the Hulk smashing shit up. The ending is a cool fight scene, but with no substance or leaving me wanting more. It's no "Iron Man", but it entertains and that's half the battle. I'd definatley give this movie a try if you want to see a summer smashing.

1 comment:

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

I have to leave a comment on this one. It was a good solid movie, and I view it as a rebuttal to the Ang Lee version, which was way overdone. It might have been a good movie, but it was not a good comic book adaption, and The Incredible Hulk was exactly that, a good comic book adaptation. Not an Oscar winner, but it was true to the comics and very entertaining and I feel it is easily one of the summers must see movies!