Wednesday, December 22, 2010

BLACK SWAN(2010)


I was torn when I first heard about this film. My favorite actress teaming up with one of my least favorite directors(Darren Aronofsky). Natalie Portman gives a fantastic performance in a movie that is actually directed very well for his interpretation. The only problem is that Aronofsky's interpretation is fucking boring. Aronovsky uses his own odd and different techniques to tell a basic story. His vision of two dancers battling for the title role in "Swan Lake" is dark and crazy. I can see how it will get critical praise, because of it's unique approach to telling an old story. I just don't see a good movie in his adaptation. I couldn't wait for it to end and that's never a good sign. I was never intrigued or cared what happened to either dancer. This movie is strange and dark and nothing more.


Two dancers compete for the title role in "Swan Lake". If only the movie was as easy as the plot summary.


I wouldn't recommend this to anyone that likes to be entertained at the movies. A rental at best! I tried to like it, but not one bit of entertainment value in this movie.

No comments: