Thursday, July 8, 2010

THE LAST AIRBENDER(2010)


I can't believe how far an Oscar nominated writer has fallen. M. Night still has a great eye and makes some good visuals, but his writing has become laughable. He needs to hire some co-writers who actually write the dialogue in his movies. He just can't write people very well. The acting is really bad in "The Last Air bender" too. I will say that I did like it slightly more than most of the reviews out there. I understand why they shit on this movie, but it has a couple of redeeming qualities. I really enjoyed the action sequences and the idea behind this movie, but the dialogue put on screen is some of the worst that I've ever seen!


A brother and sister find the last air bender frozen after a hundred years of being lost. The fire nations hunts and kills anyone who has the ability of being that last air bender. He will bring balance to the world, but the Fire nation doesn't want balance. It's the first of a planned trilogy, but I'm not so sure this trilogy will ever get finished.


Kids will love this movie, because they don't care about acting or cheesy writing. I can't recommend this to anyone based on the movie itself. If you can put up with terrible writing than you might like this movie.

No comments: