Sunday, January 27, 2008

CLOVERFIELD


I hated the "Blair Witch Project". I was a little hesitant to watch this for that reason. But that's what I do. I watch movies and especially the films with hype around them. I was curious to see if it could live up to the marketing strategy. I'd say it barely pulled it off.


The film is a total first person perspective through their own video camera. I loved the concept of making a story by using previously fimed footage intercut between the happenings that are taking place during the destrucion. This could never happen in real life, so you just gotta go with that. It allowed the back story to be told without ever losing it's first person point of view. Which was important to the story. It gives the film a side story, than just a monster trashing New York. So I liked that. The only problem I had was that it does just end and nothing really gets accomplished. If that doesn't bother you at all then it's a really good film. I understand why they did it that way and that's why I'm passing it as a good film, but it kinda leaves an empty feeling at the end. They do give you a great shot to end the film on a high note. Not a classic, but I would go see this film for sure.

No comments: