Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET(2010)


Here's another entry to the remake or reboot horror franchises. I never really watched any of these slasher movies growing up, because I was a pussy. I eventually went back and watched the big time 80's crop of horror movies. I'm not a huge fan of them, with the exception of a select few. Yet I still watch almost all of the new releases today. The latest "Friday the 13th" was a very average movie and I'm sorry to say that this movie is too.


A group of child hood friends are now late teens. They are all having the same nightmare of a guy with knives for fingers. A couple of friends start to look into the past of why they are being haunted in their dreams. They eventually uncover his motives and have little time to try and stop a man called Freddy Krueger.


Same old shit. Not scary or that bloody. I do like the new Freddy though. Not as corny and a little more intense. I just wished they played Will Smith's old school song("A Nightmare on my Street"). Follows the original pretty closely, but nothing new or really that good about this reboot. It's watchable and that's about all.


No comments: