Monday, December 24, 2007

Sweeney Todd


My mom and I went and saw "Sweeney Todd" on saturday night. Tim Burto and Johnny Depp are unstoppable together. I was a little worried with the whole musical aspect, but it was really well done. Tim Burton's vision is incredible! Depp awesome as usual. He definately needs to be nominated for an Oscar, Golden Globe, and of course a Rockar. The songs were more of a singing conversation and they just narrative for the audience. It could've been a really bad movie, but I was very entertained and the dark and tragic story was a nice and refreshing. It's funny that two of my favorites were a tragic and depressing movies(Into the wild and Sweeney Todd). If you don't like musicals at all, then you shouldn't watch this. If you're open about it and want to see a different kind of film, then I highly recommend this film. I loved it and hope you give it a chance. I normally don't like musicals, but I was opened minded about this one with the director and actors credentials. This is a "For sure" pick and it's up in my top 5 for 2007.

1 comment:

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

okay, I saw Sweeney today and your review was spot on! Great Movie!